Theatre professionals know how important it is to have a stage floor that is hardwearing enough to withstand all the fit ups, get outs and rigging that needs to be completed for every show - floors that will happily accommodate trucks, flats and scissor lifts.
Harlequin work alongside architects and stage consultants to design, build and install stage floors which will satisfy this need for strength, as well as being easy to maintain and flexible, with the optional inclusion of dip traps, orchestra pit fillers and provision for trap doors or ballet wagons.
When an existing stage floor finds itself in need of refurbishment, Harlequin offer a range of services including:
- sanding and repainting existing wooden floors
- replacement of a 'sacrificial' hardwood top layer
- installation of hardwearing Harlequin Standfast performance vinyl, glued and welded to provide a smooth, easy to clean surface.
In some cases, where the refurbishment may require a partial rebuild, an initial site visit by the Harlequin technical team is required. They will work with the venue's technical staff, building contractor or architect to jointly establish which structural elements can be retained and which must be replaced.
Need advice? Call us on 0800 28 99 32 or 01892 514888. Alternatively, send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Harlequin combines traditional floor construction skills using a combination of natural materials and advances in engineered products. With its skilled teams of carpenters and floor layers, all CRB certified for work in schools, are trusted by the industry's leading venues and consultants.
Harlequin also supports several industry shows and conferences, where you can meet members of the knowledgeable Harlequin team.
- We have been a sponsor of the ABTT (Association of British Theatre Technicians) for over 28 years and exhibit at their annual London show.
- We are also a long-standing sponsor of the Theatres Trust which runs a conference annually in conjunction with the ABTT show.
- We are a member of PLASA (Professional Lighting and Sound Association) and exhibit at their annual London show as well as their popular 'Focus' events in Leeds and Glasgow.
The new Harlequin Standfast vinyl floor has ...
University of the Arts London
Over 1,600m² of Harlequin Activity ...
Phoenix Dance Theatre
Phoenix Dance Theatre is a contemporary dance...
A specially constructed Harlequin semi-sprung...
The Bolshoi Ballet
When Italian designer Ezio Frigero produced ...
Specifying Dance Floors - White Paper Summary
Stage Technology Guide
Vinyl floor storage cart leaflet
Vinyl floors leaflet